NFTS Scotland: Introduction to Working in the Assistant Director's Department :- ONLINE
Duration 5 days
Course dates Register your interest
Application deadline Book Now
Bursaries supported by the Scottish Government are available for those who are eligible
This intensive practical course will equip you with the knowledge and skills to pursue a successful future career in the Assistant Directors department. The course will be taught by top industry professionals, led by Nick Heckstall-Smith (Churchill, Ex Machina, Skyfall)
This 5-day course will be delivered online, combining virtual classroom learning and practical exercises.
The course will cover:
- The roles and responsibilities of each member of the ADs’ department in pre-production and during the shoot
- Where the department fits in with production and how to work collaboratively with other departments
- The paperwork used by the whole of production as well as department-specific documents
- Set protocol, etiquette and communication skills
- How to break down a script for different purposes
- How to develop a shooting schedule
- The skills required to be a capable and successful Assistant Director
- Health & Safety from the 1st Assistant Director’s perspective and COVID-19 protocols
This course is for anyone wishing to work in the Assistant Director’s department.
How to apply
Application deadline: Book Now
Please complete the application form to apply. You will be required to upload your CV.